Below is information on how to make a claim under the Sports Injury policy. If you wish to make a claim or notify an incident for General Liability, Professional Indemnity or Management Liability, please contact Gow-Gates immediately.
Sports Injury Claims
Steps to follow:
- Obtain a claim form
- Complete the Claim Form
- Lodge the claim form
- Lodge additional documentation as required
Step 1: Obtain a claim form
Click here to complete an online claim form request and to notify the insurers of your injury or alternately, contact Gow-Gates to be sent a copy of the form.
Step 2: Complete the Claim Form
The insured person is to fully complete all sections of the claim form. In addition, the following people will need to complete their relevant sections:
- The Medical Report on pages 10 and 11 will need to be completed by your treating doctor.
- A witness to the incident will need to complete the Witness Statement on page 5 of the claim form.
- If you are claiming for loss of income, you will need to have your employer complete the Employer’s Statement on page 7 of the form.
- The club secretary or treasurer will need to complete and sign the Official Report on page 9 of the form, having verified all the details completed in the form.
Step 3: Lodge the Claim Form
The claim form needs to be lodged to Sportscover within 30 days of the injury.
Locked Bag 6003
WHEELERS HILL VIC 3150
The claim form will be acknowledged within 14 days by Sportscover. This acknowledgement will include a unique claim number which can be used when lodging additional documentation and when using the Online Claims Tracking Facility
Step 4: Submit additional paperwork
In order to claim, the following documentation will/may be required by Sportscover in addition to the claim form.
- Receipts for paid Non-Medicare Medical and/or Physiotherapy Expenses
- Health Fund rebate statements
- Doctors Certificates confirming the period of incapacitation
- Proof of Earnings documentation
- Any other documentation requested.
Don’t wait for the above documentation before submitting the claim form to Sportscover as this delays the claims process and means that your claim payment will be slower.