After I receive my Workers Compensation weekly wage and my Personal Accident top up of $500 per week, I am still way short of my Pre injury weekly earnings. Can I take out extra cover?

Yes you can, you can supplement your income by taking out additional cover with QBE to close the gap after your Workers Compensation and Personal Accident claim payments are made. There are several options available to suit most needs.

I earn a part time wage outside of the Racing industry, do these earnings count as part of my pre injury earnings?

They do yes, on receipt of a claim all your earnings are taken into consideration in working out your pre injury earnings. If you cannot undertake this part time work whilst not being able to ride, then these earnings would be added to work out your pre injury earnings.

Am I covered whilst I am playing social sport?

Yes the National Policy is a 24hr/7 day cover. If you have taken out Additional cover, whether it be 24hr cover or Outside Working hours cover, it would be also be covered.

Am I covered whilst riding overseas?

Under the National Personal Accident policy, cover is automatically extended to include any trips overseas up to a maximum of 60 days, undertaken for the purpose of horse racing.